Looking for affordable, high-performance shared storage? The HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage is a flash ready system designed for affordable application acceleration ideal for small and remote office deployments. Don’t let the low cost fool you, it gives you the combination of simplicity, flexibility to grow now, and advanced features you may not expect in an entry-priced array. Start small and scale as needed with any combination of solid state drives (SSDs), high-performance enterprise, or lower-cost midline SAS-based hard disk drives (HDDs). HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage has been the industry-leading entry storage Fibre Channel (FC) platform for the past eight years, with nearly 500,000 systems sold worldwide1. Delivers 2x higher performance2 than the previous generation at the same price, delivering in excess of 200,000 IOPS. It’s seriously simple and affordable flash-ready storage to help you get the most performance for the lowest cost.
Introducing new drive options including new Read Intensive SSDs, and new HDD Bundles.
Four new Read Intensive SSDs for affordable flash storage; 960 GB and 1.92 TB SAS RI SFF and LFF SSDs.
New HDD bundles consisting of 6 individual drives of either 7.2K MidLine drives, 10K or 15K SAS hard drives.
New 14 TB LFF HDD and 6 pack bundle.
Accelerates Applications Affordably
- The HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage performs at 200,000 IOPS delivering affordable application acceleration for small to medium-sized businesses both local and remote.
- Flexible base model delivers 2X more performance than the previous generation HPE MSA 2040 SAN Storage for the same price.
Advanced Data Services With No Experience Required
- The HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage is easy to install, easy to use, easy to maintain, no previous storage expertise required.
- Automated tiering dynamically responds to workload changes, so you don’t have to.
Keep your Business Running with Expanded Data Protection Features
- The HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage delivers updated virtualized snapshot technology making data protection and instant recovery a snap.
- Remote replication with Fibre Channel (FC) and iSCSI supports an affordable disaster recovery solution.
- Encrypted SSDs and HDDs for a data secure hybrid flash array.
Grow Flexibly Now and Into the Future
- The HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage supports data-in-place upgrades protecting drive investments and reduces data migrations.
- Start small and scale as needed with any combination of SSDs, enterprise or midline SAS HDDs.
||614 TB SFF maximum raw capacity
|Storage expansion options
||HPE MSA 2050 LFF Disk Enclosure or HPE MSA 2050 SFF Disk Enclosure or the HPE MSA 2050 SAN DC-Power Carrier Grade SFF Disk Enclosure
|Systems Insight Manager support
|SAN backup support
||Windows, Linux, HP-UX
||One 12 Gb SAS 4-ports per controller is included
||24 SFF SAS/MDL SAS/SSD supported
||2 HPE MSA 2050 SAS controllers included
|Compatible operating systems
||Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows Hyper-V, HP-UX, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, VMware, Detailed information available at: http://www.hpe.com/storage/spock
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)
||3.5 x 22.5 x 17.6 in