Enjoy 7.2-channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based audio support with your favorite speaker system and the Yamaha RX-V685 7.2-Channel MusicCast A/V Receiver. It has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi built-in for wireless connection to your compatible smart devices. The receiver outputs up to 90W per channel at 8 Ohms and features YPAO sound customization to tailor the sound to your environment.
In addition to its wireless compatibility, the RX-V685 has five HDMI inputs and two outputs, which support UHD resolution and HDR, and one output supports ARC. It also has a USB port on the front for the playback of files stored on flash drives.
Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Support
These object-based sound technologies are designed to create multidimensional sound that fills your room with enhanced richness and depth.
CINEMA DSP 3D
CINEMA DSP 3D is designed to provide a wide, high, and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker virtually delivers three-dimensional sound without the use of actual presence speakers.
Enjoy music from your vinyl collection with your turntable and the phono input terminals.
Intelligent Amp Assign
Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on which speaker layout is selected. For example, in a 7.1-channel system, when Zone 2 is turned off, all 7.1 channels will be used in the Main Zone; however, when Zone 2 is powered on, the power to the two surround back channels will automatically be redirected to the two speakers in Zone 2, and the Main Zone will receive 5.1 channels of power. With Intelligent Amp Assign, there's no need to switch the speaker cables on the back of the receiver.
MusicCast for Whole-Home Music
Use all your MusicCast products together or separately – it's up to you. Control it all from one app. Use a soundbar, a wireless speaker, the receiver, or Hi-Fi audio, whatever you prefer. Mix and match, then expand your MusicCast system as you like. Additionally, Amazon Alexa allows you to control all your MusicCast devices with voice commands.
MusicCast Surround with Optional Equipment
With optional MusicCast wireless rear speakers, the fuss of hiding wires en route to your rear speakers is removed. You can also add an optional MusicCast wireless subwoofer, which can provide more options for subwoofer placement.
Amazon Alexa with MusicCast
Amazon Alexa-enabled devices can control key functions of nearly any MusicCast product using voice commands. Using two types of Alexa skills, the MusicCast Smart Home skill and the MusicCast skill, you can play music, control volume, play playlists, and link rooms together to play music throughout the house.
SCENE Buttons for One-Touch Start
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
- Streaming music-compatible with Napster, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, and Internet radio
- Height speaker configuration (presence, overhead, or Dolby-enabled)
- Dialogue level adjustment and Dialogue Lift
- Burr-Brown PCM5102A DAC
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi connectivity for wireless music playback
- Ethernet network port
- Dolby Atmos / DTS:X
- Bi-amp capable via surround back outputs
- YPAO sound calibration with subwoofer EQ [YPAO-R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control), YPAO Volume]
- Pure Direct mode for enhanced sound purity
- High-resolution audio support (DSD, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC)
- DSD audio (2.8 / 5.6 / 11.2 MHz)
- SILENT CINEMA provides simulated surround sound for headphone use
- HDMI input select in pass-through mode
- Designed for flexible audio/video input assignment
- 0 to 500 ms audio delay for lip sync adjustment
- Bluetooth input and output
- 40-station preset AM/FM tuning / auto preset tuning
- UHD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG, BT.2020 support, and UHD upscaling via HDMI
- Video out feature for use with tuner, USB, Bluetooth, AUDIO, and AUX inputs
- HDMI 2.1 support with eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) via future firmware update
- Setup Wizard (AV Setup Guide app)
- Input Skip, DSP Skip
- Remote designed for intuitive operation
- Zone 2
- Zone mono, Zone Tone control, Zone audio delay
- Zone 2 & Z2 Link Master